DISCLOSURE AND CONSENT
TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Article 1 - Processing of Personal Data
Dear User, in compliance with Legislative Decree No. 196 of 30 June 2003 (hereinafter also referred to as the "Privacy Code"), we wish to inform you that Biffignandi S.p.A., in its capacity as "Data Controller", provides the following information on the utilization of your personal data. Pursuant to the Privacy Code, your personal data will be processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, in line with the principles detailed therein pertaining to your privacy and rights. We invite you, therefore, to read the following disclosure, provided in compliance with Section 13 of Legislative Decree No.196/2003. The present disclosure relates only to how the official website www.precision-polishing.com is managed, and not the other external websites, accessible by the User via links. The fact that Biffignandi S.p.A. includes these links in its website does not imply any approval of the websites accessible through such links, and Biffignandi S.p.A. declines any responsibility in connection to the quality, contents, and graphics of said websites. Biffignandi S.p.A. shall not be responsible for any information obtained by the User by accessing any linked websites. Therefore, the entities who own such websites shall be deemed responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the information found therein. Biffignandi S.p.A. does not provide any warranties over the software that may be found on such external websites, and cannot guarantee their quality, safety of download, and/or safety and compatibility with the systems in use. The data provided shall be processed by Biffignandi S.p.A. only after receiving your specific and distinct consent, except for the cases detailed under Article 24 of Legislative Decree No. 196/03
Article 2 - Type and Nature of the Processed Data
Article 3 - Purpose of Processing
The data you provide voluntarily by filling out the forms in this website will be processed in compliance with the Privacy Code, for the following purposes:
• invoicing and client data records;
• User registration and access credentials for the website www.precision-polishing.com;
• access to the contents and services in the above website;
• processing of your purchase order and simplification of any future purchase procedures;
• performance of market and statistical analyses and surveys;
• providing replies and responses to the User's requests and/or questions, and for the purpose of any communications having a technical/organizational nature;
• conducting surveys on the level of User satisfaction;
• purposes arising out of obligations of law, regulations, EU directives, provisions issued by any legally authorized authority or by supervisory and control bodies;
• pursuant to Section 130 of the Privacy Code, if the User shall have granted their express consent, for the purpose of sending information and promotional communications, including business communication material; advertisement material and/or offers for good or services via mail, web, telephone, e-mail, MMS, SMS, by Biffignandi S.p.A.
Article 4 - Processing and Storage of Data
For the above purposes, your personal data will be processed through automated means and/or manually, in paper format, or through electronic or telecommunication media, for the time strictly necessary to achieve the above purposes. The data will be processed following procedures and with tools that guarantee the maximum safety and confidentiality of data, by persons appointed to such task, in compliance with the provisions of Sections 31 et. seq. of the Privacy Code. The data will be kept for a period not exceeding the time necessary for the purposes for which they were collected and processed.
Article 5 - Source and Provision of Personal Data
The personal data in the possession of Biffignandi S.p.A. are provided by the User who voluntarily interacts with the website www.precision-polishing.com, and provides their own personal data (by filling out the forms provided) to access certain services and benefits offered within the website. The User's provision of their personal data is optional, but functional to accessing certain services; in these cases, thus, if the User should decline to provide such data, their access to the services for which the data is requested may be compromised or impossible.
Article 6 - Communication and Dissemination of Data
The personal data you provide, for the processing herein detailed, acquired in line with the methods outlined under point 5 above, may be communicated to Biffignandi S.p.A. to entities appointed as Data Processor, for the purposes indicated under point 3, and to other external entities, specified below, who collaborate with Biffignandi S.p.A. to perform the services requested by the User. The data thus acquired will be processed by Biffignandi S.p.A. through its appointed parties/collaborators from other departments, including marketing or sales, administration, administration of computer systems and programming, product management, quality control, customer care, and logistics, according to the specific purpose aimed, and consistently with the consents granted and requests made by the User. The above data may be communicated to external third parties, appointed by Biffignandi S.p.A. to perform data processing tasks, in connection with the purposes listed under point 3 above, and to structures that carry out, on behalf of Biffignandi S.p.A. or its Group, any corporate control, support, or technical tasks (such as legal services, information technology services, shipment). Thus, for the purpose of pursuing the purposes above detailed, Biffignandi S.p.A.may need to communicate the User's data to external entities within the following categories:
• entities that carry out banking, financial and/or insurance services, including also entities that take part in the management of payment systems, and entities that issue credit cards;
• companies within the Biffignandi S.p.A. Group, or Companies that are subsidiaries or associated with Biffignandi S.p.A.;
• entities that provide services for the management of the Company's information technology system, and its telecommunication network (including electronic mail);
• companies providing services for the acquisition, registration, and processing of data that come from documents or media provided and originated by the clients, and pertaining to processes connected with payments;
• entities that perform tasks such as transmission, enveloping, transport, and sorting of the communication with the clientèle, including by using instant communication media such as electronic mail, SMS, MMS, telephone, or urgent communication channel such as telegrams, including via telephone dictation or fax;
• entities that handle the filing of the documentation pertaining to the relations entertained with the clientèle;
• entities that provide customer assistance services (e.g., call centres, help desks, etc.);
• providers of national and international management systems to prevent frauds to the detriment of banks and financial intermediaries;
• entities that carry out administration, accounting, commercial, and logistic services on behalf of Biffignandi S.p.A.;
• legal firms or companies that provide assistance and legal advice;
• entities that carry out operations to control, audit, and certify the activities carried out by the company, including in the interest of the clientèle;
• entities that carry out marketing or market survey activities, or who contribute to the promotion of Biffignandi S.p.A.'s products or third party products.
The data may, furthermore, be communicated to third parties and/or disseminated for the purpose of carrying out the service or specific performance requested by the User, and are communicated to third parties exclusively:
• when it is required for the performance of the requests submitted by the User (e.g., mailing lists, replies to questions, announcements and newsletters, service of instruments and provisions, services for the shipment of the requested documentation, processing of the purchase order, etc.);
• when the communication thereof is required under legal or regulatory obligations;
• during the course of legal proceedings.
The entities that fall within the above categories carry out the function as Data Processors, or operate in full autonomy as distinct Data Controllers. The list of the above entities is available from the Data Controller, and may be requested via email to: email@example.com.
Article 7 - Data Subject's Rights
The Data Subject may exercise their rights towards the Data Controller, at any time, pursuant to Section 7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003 - Right to Access Personal Data and Other Rights:
• A Data Subject shall have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him exist, regardless of their being already recorded, and communication of such data in intelligible form.
• A data subject shall have the right to be informed:
• of the source of the personal data;
• of the purposes and methods of the processing;
• of the logic applied to the processing, if the latter is carried out with the help of electronic means;
• of the identification data concerning data controller, data processors and the representative designated as per Section 5(2);
• of the entities or categories of entity to whom or which the personal data may be communicated and who or which may get to know said data in their capacity as designated representative(s) in the State’s territory, data processor(s) or person(s) in charge of the processing.
A data subject shall have the right to obtain:
• updating, rectification or, where interested therein, integration of the data;
• erasure, anonymization or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which they have been collected or subsequently processed;
• certification to the effect that the operations as per letters a) and b) have been notified, as also related to their contents, to the entities to whom or which the data were communicated or disseminated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate effort compared with the right that is to be protected.
A data subject shall have the right to object, in whole or in part,
• on legitimate grounds, to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, even though they are relevant to the purpose of the collection;
• to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, where it is carried out for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling or else for the performance of market or commercial communication surveys.
Article 8 - Data Controller and Data Processor
The Data Controller is Biffignandi S.p.A. with registered offices in Via Circonvallazione Est 2/6, Cassolnovo (PV), Italy, VAT Code 00553630187. The Data Processor is Ms. Michela Caresana. The data is processed in the above offices, and in other Biffignandi S.p.A. facilities, by the members of staff assigned with the task of data processing.
Article 9 - Log Files
The information technology systems and applications that enable this website to run, detect, as part of their normal functioning mechanism, certain data (which transmission is implicit to the use of Internet communication protocols), not associated with directly identifiable Users. The above data include IP addresses and dominion names of the computers used by the Users logging on to the website, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numeric code indicating the status of the response provided by the server (successful, error, etc.), and other parameters pertaining to the operating system and the information technology environment used by the User. The above data will be processed, for the time strictly necessary, for the sole purpose of extracting anonymous statistical information on the website's accesses, and to check that the website runs properly.
Article 10 - Express Consent
Having read the present Disclosure, the Client expressly consents to the processing and communication of their personal data for the purposes and by the methods described above. This consent is recorded in Biffignandi S.p.A.'s systems, and may be revoked by the Client at any time, in accordance with the steps provided under section 11 below.
Article 11 - Revocation of the Consent to Personal Data Processing
The User is entitled to revoke their consent to the processing of their personal data, by sending a letter via registered mail with proof of receipt, to the following address: Biffignandi S.p.A., with legal offices in Via Circonvallazione Est 2/6, Cassolnovo (PV), Italy, together with a photocopy of a personal ID. After such revocation, the User's personal data will be removed from the archives in the shortest possible time. Should the User wish to receive additional information with concern to the processing of their personal data, or exercise the rights detailed under Article 7 above, they may send a letter via registered mail with proof or receipt to: Biffignandi S.p.A. with registered offices in Via Circonvallazione Est 2/6, Cassolnovo (PV), Italy.
Article 12 - Cookies
The software applications used on this website may contain cookies. Cookies are primarily used to facilitate the use of the website by the User. Cookies may provide information on navigation preferences within the website, and enable the provision of certain services that require the identification of the User's navigation through the website's pages. For any access to the website, irrespective of any presence of cookies, the system records the type of browser used (e.g., Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox), the operating system (e.g., Macintosh, Windows), host name and URL address of origin, in addition to the data on the requested page. The User may set their browser so as to be informed when a cookie is used, and may thus decide to eliminate it. For any additional information on cookies, please visit your browser's websites.